These few days have been terrible for me, I had so much work to do, I had to work 14 hours a day and I couldn't visit my hunny and when I finally took some time off. A spammail arrived in my e-mail, my hunnies e-mail got hacked...
I immediatly phoned him and told him to change his hotmail accounts password. But when I arrived to visit him, he didn't change it, because he didn't notice anything weird. Then another e-mail came in from Battlenet. His World of Warcraft account got hacked. Because his World of Warcraft account is linked to the hacked hotmail account, the hacker could retrieve the password. He stole all his gold, vendored all the gear, everything in his bank and stole all the gold (150k) and mats from our guildbank.
After we received the e-mail, we immediatly filled in the online web form at battlenet to retrieve his WoW account. I must say that I admire Blizzards quick response of their customer support. 1 hour later he could change the log in e-mail, he got his account back and he got all his gold and items and the items in the guildbank restored. Thank you Blizzard!
The weird thing was that my hunnies account was frozen, he didn't pay to play for 3 months already, because he is focussing on his new college year. The hacker actually bought a gamecard online and activated his account! And what did he get with it? Nothing, because everything got restored.
Good ending you think?
No, the next day, we've found out that his e-mails password got changed and the retrieve password doesn't work too, because his account is now linked to an email that looks like 3xxx3333@qq.com. (the x's were hidden by hotmail) And the other e-mail (also hotmail) where his WoW account is newly linked to is also hacked. So his WoW account got hacked again *wah!*. His other e-mail also got linked to an email that looks like 3xxx3333@qq.com. So now everything got more complicated, we don't have access to his emails, no way to retrieve his WoW account. Of everything, the most annoying thing is that he lost his hotmail that he was using for a lot of years and got a lot of things registered too. And we do not know how he got all the log-ins. My hunny said he cleaned his pc, but he didn't change his first e-mails password and that was so stupid, I got really mad, but I didnt't scold him, should I have done that? The weird thing is how he got the other e-mails password, that account we only used for some stuff we do together and it was a totaly unrelated password.
Blizzard was great again and after 1 hour, his account + everything got restored again, we now used another pc to get accounts back. And we now use a gmail account.
But the biggest problem now is. How to retrieve your hacked hotmail account? We tried everything to retrieve password, but everything sends an email to the secundairy mail and that is the hackers email. The hacker seems to be from China, because qq is a chinese mailprovider, something like hotmail. We then filled in the live account retrieval form. Hotmail (Live) promiss to give us a reply within 24 hours if we can proof that the account is his. We filled in the form for both accounts and hope for the best.
But then I googled on 'hotmail account got hacked' and the hits weren't encouraging. Hotmail (Live) doesn't seem to respond on those forms at all, people have been waiting for weeks and no reply (where is the 24 hour promiss???) and didn't get their accounts back.
We also changed all the password to every thing that was registered on that e-mail account and changed all the passwords of accounts that were logged on to on that pc, but I still don't feel safe.
I used Spybot, CCleaner, McAfee Antivirus, Hijackhis and Trendmicro housecall to clean his pc, but it still doesn't feel safe, I want him to clean his drives and reinstall Windows, he doesn't want to do that, since it is so much work, That makes me so mad, the whole day I was doing my best to retrieve everything for him and help him change all the passwords, but he doesn't seem to care at all, why not? It is all his personal information and accounts that has been stolen. It makes me so sad too. What should I do?
Virtual Warcraft love that becomes real, how to make it work? Through country boundaries and family restrictions
Why m I writing this blog?
I have none to talk about my secret love. I love him so much, but m I doing the right thing? Is my mind clouded by love? I m doing all these things behind the back of my family, who is strict, but they love me with all their heart. M I betraying them? Should I continue this relationship?
Please be my listening ear, help me with advice and help me keeping him by my side. Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment